Monday, November 5, 2007

Finally settled...... almost

Well, we've been here for three weeks now and it feels like we're finally getting settled in. Lizzy is back on a schedule now and generally goes down for a nap with very little fuss. Ervin is doing pretty good at letting mommy and daddy sleep (in their own bed rather than on the couch) during the night and is growing bigger everyday. We're taking him to the doctor tomorrow for his eight week checkup. We are very excited to see how much he has grown!

Zak is still loving work and has his first in a series of evaluations today. He is also working towards getting the necessary tools he needs for work. I'm still trying to get the hang of my new double-duty "mommy" job but I learn more and get a little bit better every day. I'm having a lot of fun trying out new recipes from some books given to me from my mom. I even tried my hand at large stuffed shells last week. I have even shocked Zak at having him purchase green onions! I can't let Zak suffer just because I have been such a picky eater...

Tonight for family home evening, after daddy and the kids make a trip to Target in Eugene for more Lizzy diapers, we hope to finally hang pictures and such on the wall. With very little prospect of finding a home in the very near future, it seems time to add this final touch to our apartment to make it "home".

Ervin is telling me I've ignored him long enough. :)

No comments: